Just because you’re far apart doesn’t mean you can’t reach agreements!
The mediation process generally works best when all participants and the mediator are in the same room. But does any of the following sound like your situation?
- One party is out of town temporarily or permanently. Or all parties are away.
- One party has a problem being in the same room as another party.
- You want your attorney to participate but scheduling or costs prevent your attorney from physically being at the session.
With all mediations at Resolution Point, everyone is watching a large computer screen displaying:
- notes of agreements made during the sessions,
- agreement language for your consideration,
- charts and graphs showing the short- and long-term financial effects of possible strategies.
Extra steps we offer at no charge to make remote mediation even more productive:
- We use enhanced speakerphone technology with up to 4-way conference calling and/or special microphones and speakers for Voice-Over-IP (VOIP) calling. VOIP can be especially helpful where overseas calling is unavailable or very expensive.
- Internet technology enables you to view everything on your computer screen that you would have seen had you been in the same room.
I wanted to thank you for your assistance. The process you have in place for your practice is unique. I was impressed by the way you managed our meetings, keeping us on track, informing us on how our decisions would impact us individually in the future and providing a pleasant and civil atmosphere throughout the negotiations. I would recommend you to anyone who finds themselves in need of mediation services. – R.L.
When other mediators and lawyers think about remote mediation,
Resolution Point is often the only firm they’ll trust for their clients.
To learn more, use our contact form or call us at (703) 668-0344
Our Child & Spousal Support Calculators:
Resolution Point offers remote mediation services at no extra charge when parties can’t be in the same room due to schedules or other conflicts:
- ▪ 4-way phone conference calling
- ▪ Video conferencing
- ▪ Internet connectivity which allows parties to watch everything remotely on their computer screen as it’s happening in our office.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
“As you know, we’d been through nearly two years of marital counseling by the time we reached irreconcilable stage. After the shock and bitterness subsided, we agreed to work together on an amicable separation. Our young daughter deserved nothing but the best from us both as parents, and we thought our best step in that direction was to try mediation. From my first email, you were immediately helpful and informative, showing real interest in addressing my inquiry instead of selling me on your services. During the mediation process, we both felt impressed with your objectiveness, professionalism, as well as a sensitivity to what we were going through on a personal and emotional level. You also tailored your work to match our needs and preferences rather than just following a format template. This gave us a sense of control over this inherently difficult and overwhelming matter. We got through this feeling that we’ll be able look back and each realize a sense of dignity and fairness. This was done in no small way thanks to you. While I don’t wish divorce on anyone, I do recommend divorcing couples look to mediation first, and to make their first call to Danny Burk.”